Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Royal Canadian Sea Cadets
The Royal Canadian Sea Cadets is a Canadian national youth cadet organization that is affiliated with the Canadian Forces. However, it is not a part of them, and its members are not expected to join the military.
Cadets can be between the ages of 12 and 18, and may be males or females. The regular ranking system of the regular forces remains, but cadets can only attain Non-Commissioned Officer status, as all officers are adults, often former cadets, of the Cadet Instructors Cadre. It is funded by the Department of National Defence and the civilian Navy League of Canada .
The goals of the Sea Cadet Movement, as officially set out are as follows:
- To promote citizenship in Canadian youth;
- To promote physical fitness;
- To promote self-discipline;
- To foster good comradeship and pride in a common purpose;
- To develop skills in seamanship and leadership; and
- To acquaint sea cadets with the sea element of the Canadian Forces
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details