Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Sahaja Yoga claims to be "a unique method of meditation based on an experience called Self-realization (Kundalini awakening) that can occur within each human being". More broadly, Sahaja Yoga is the movement founded by Shri Mataji Nirmala Shrivastava based on this practice.
Critics of the Sahaja Yoga movement and of its founder make the claim that it is a dangerous cult engaged in brainwashing, tight control of its members, child abuse and a host of other activities, which makes use of traditional yoga beliefs and techniques as a method of initial indoctrination.
Sahaja yogis claim that most of the critics are ex members of Sahaja Yoga, who have been cast out because they abused the whole foundation of Sahaja Yoga.
- Shri Mataji Nirmala Shrivastava
- International Sahaja Public School
- Wikiquote - Quotes by Shri Mataji Nirmala Shrivastava - the founder of Sahaja Yoga
- Sahaja Yoga - Official Sahaja Yoga website
- Shri Adi Shakti: The Kingdom Of God - favorable website
- Sakshi Pokhari - the Pond of Witness - favorable website
- Facts and warnings from ex-members - critical website
- Sahaja Yoga Cult - critical website
- Sahaja Yoga Facts - official response from Sahaja Yoga International to critical allegations
- Discussion Group about Adi Shakti (Hinduism) delivering message of Last Judgment (Christianity) and Resurrection (Islam)
- Sahaja Discussion Group that welcomes all viewpoints
- Sahaja Yoga Resource Center
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details