Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Said bin Sultan, Sultan of Muscat and Oman
Said bin Sultan (1790 - October 19, 1856) was Sultan of Muscat and Oman from November 20, 1804 to June 4, 1856. He became joint ruler of the country along with his brother Salim on the death of his father, Sultan bin Ahmad, in 1804. Said deposed his brother as joint-ruler on September 14, 1806.
On Said's death in 1856, he was succeeded by his third son, Thuwaini bin Said .
Said had 36 children including:
- Sayyid Hilal bin Said al-Said (c.1815-1851)
- Sayyid Khalid bin Said al-Said (c.1819-1854)
- Sayyid Thuwaini bin Said al-Said (-1866), Sultan of Muscat and Oman, 1856-1866
- Sayyid Muhammad bin Said al-Said (1826-1863)
- Sayyid Turki bin Said (1832-1888), Sultan of Muscat and Oman, 1871-1888
- Sayyid Majid bin Said (1834/5-1870), Sultan of Zanzibar, 1856-1870
- Sayyid Ali bin Said al-Said (?-1893)
- Sayyid Barghash bin Said (1837-1888), Sultan of Zanzibar, 1870-1888
- Sayyid Abdu'l-Wahhab bin Said al-Said (1840-1866)
- Sayyid Jamshid bin Said al-Said (1842-1870)
- Sayyid Hamdan bin Said al-Said (1843-1858)
- Sayyid Ghalib bin Said al-Said
- Sayyid Sawedan bin Said al-Said (1845-?)
- Sayyid Abdu'l-Aziz bin Said al-Said (1850-1907)
- Sayyid Khalifah bin Said (1852-1890), Sultan of Zanzibar, 1888-1890
- Sayyid Hamad bin Said al-Said
- Sayyid Shuwaid bin Said al-Said
- Sayyid Abbas bin Said al-Said
- Sayyid Manin bin Said al-Said
- Sayyid Ali bin Said (1854-1893), Sultan of Zanzibar, 1890-1893
- Sayyid Badran bin Said al-Said (?-1887)
- Sayyid Nasir bin Said al-Said (?-1887)
- Sayyid Abdu'l-Rab bin Said al-Said (?-1888)
- Sayyid Ahmad bin Said al-Said.
- Sayyid Talib bin Said al-Said.
- Sayyid Abdullah bin Said al-Said
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details