Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The timber-framed building is situated next to the River Tillingbourne and remained in use until 1914. It was restored to its former glory by a group known as the 'Ferguson Gang', in conjunction with the National Trust.
The Ferguson Gang was formed in the 1920s to save the mill from destruction, and met in secret, using such pseudonyms as Sister Agatha, Bill Stickers and the Bloody Bishop. In 1935, one of the 'gang' was interviewed by the BBC, and turned up at Broadcasting House wearing a mask.
Their efforts paid off, and the mill is now open to the public.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details