Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Sidewise Award for Alternate History
Each year, two awards are presented at Worldcon. The Short Form award is presented to a work under 60,000 words in length. The Long Form award may be presented to a work longer than 60,000 words, including both novels or complete series.
At their discretion, the Sidewise Award judges (a panel of seven) may elect to recognize an individual or work with a Special Achievement Award. The Special Achievement Awards recognize works that were published prior to the award's inception.
Award Winners: Long Form:
- 2003 Murray Davies , Collaborator
- 2002 (tie) Martin J. Gidron , The Severed Wing & Harry Turtledove, Ruled Britannia
- 2001 J.N. Stroyar , The Children's War
- 2000 Mary Gentle, Ash: A Secret History
- 1999 Brendan DuBois , Resurrection Day
- 1998 Stephen Fry, Making History
- 1997 Harry Turtledove, How Few Remain
- 1996 Stephen Baxter, Voyage
- 1995 Paul McAuley, Pasquale's Angel
- 2003 Chris Roberson , "O One"
- 2002 William Sanders, "Empire"
- 2001 Ken MacLeod, "The Human Front"
- 2000 Ted Chiang, "Seventy-two Letters"
- 1999 Alain Bergeron , "The Eighth Register" (translated by Howard Scott )
- 1998 Ian R. MacLeod, "The Summer Isles"
- 1997 William Sanders, "The Undiscovered"
- 1996 Walter Jon Williams, "Foreign Devils"
- 1995 Stephen Baxter, "Brigantia's Angels"
- 1999 Randall Garrett: Lord Darcy Series
- 1997 Robert Sobel : For Want of a Nail
- 1995 L. Sprague de Camp
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details