Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
First off all quality of computer software is conformance to requirements and absence of bugs. Anti-patterns are common problems that happen frequently in computer programming and that should be avoided to achieve quality.
Factors of software quality
- Product quality
- Source code quality
To a computer, there is no real concept of "well-written" source code. However, to a human, the way a program is written can have some important consequences for the human maintainers. Many source code programming style guides, which stress readability and some language-specific conventions are aimed at the maintenance of the software source code, which involves debugging and updating. Other issues also come into considering whether code is well written, such as the logical structuring of the code into manageable sections.
- easiness maintenance, testing, debugging, fixing, modification and portability
- low complexity
- low resources consumption: memory, CPU
Methods to improve the quality: refactoring.
- Software Process Improvement and Capability dEtermination
- Quality: Quality control, Total Quality Management
- Capability Maturity Model
- Software Engineering
- Assertion (computing)
- Programming paradigm
- Programming style
- Software metrics
- Splint (programming tool)
- Optimization (computer science)
- Algorithmic efficiency
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details