Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
In the 1997 redesign that reduced their number of provinces from 12 to 6 the Uusimaa province, Kymi province and the southern parts of Häme province formed the new province of Southern Finland.
Main article: State Provincial Office of Southern Finland
The State Provincial Office is a joint regional authority of seven different ministries. It promotes national and regional objectives of the State central administration. The State Provincial Office of Southern Finland employs about 380 persons. Its service units are located in the cities of Hämeenlinna, Helsinki and Kouvola.
Main article: Regions of Southern Finland
Southern Finland is divided into 6 regions:
- South Karelia (Etelä-Karjala/ Södra Karelen)
- Päijänne Tavastia (Päijät-Häme/ Päijänne Tavastland)
- Tavastia Proper (Kanta-Häme/ Egentliga Tavastland)
- Uusimaa (Uusimaa/ Nyland)
- Eastern Uusimaa (Itä-Uusimaa/ Östra Nyland)
- Kymenlaakso (Kymenlaakso/ Kymmenedalen)
Southern Finland is divided into 88 municipalities.
Main article: Heraldry of Southern Finland
- Southern Finland State Provincial Office - Official site
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details