Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Steam Detectives (Kaiketsu Jōki Tanteidan 快傑蒸気探偵団) is a 26 episode Japanese anime series based on the manga originally by the manga-ka Kia Asamiya. The show ran from October 1998 to March 1999 on TV Tokyo. The manga was originally serialized by Shueisha in Ultra Jump magazine.
Steam City is a place where the only fuel source is coal, and the only means to produce energy is the steam engine. As the only source of energy, the steam engine has been the focus of technological advancement to the point where it can be substituted for any other form of power in modern technology. These same advancements also have given rise to Megamatons, large steam-powered robots. With the air of Steam City thick with fog and white smoke, thieves and criminals flourish with Megamatons as a common tool in their nefarious plans. It is here that the reader and/or viewer finds Narutaki, a young detective fighting for the peace of the city.
- Narutaki voiced by Soichiro Hoshi
- Ling Ling voiced by Hiroko Taguchi
- Kawakubo voiced by Yuichi Nagashima
- Goriki voiced by Takuma Suzuki
- Onigawara voiced by Nobuo Tobita
- Night Phantom voiced by Akio Otsuka
- Crimson Scorpion voiced by Chisa Yokoyama
- Machine Baron voiced by Norio Wakamoto
- Lang Lang voiced by Nagasawa Miki
- Le Bled voiced by Takeshi Kusao
- Yagami voiced by Takashi Nagasako
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details