Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Steve Meretzky (born May 1, 1957) was raised in Yonkers, New York and attended MIT to pursue a career in architecture. MIT's Department of Architecture convinced him that he should pursue a career in Construction Management. Several construction firms convinced Meretzky that he should pursue a career as a game tester for Infocom, where he moved onward and upward, producing some of the most successful titles in computer gaming.
In the gaming industry, Meretzky was involved in almost every aspect of game development including design, production, quality assurance and box & content. He is known for his keen wit and competent writing which made him one of the only two writers of interactive fiction ever admitted to the Science Fiction Writers of America. Meretzky is still best known for his work at Infocom, where he started his game-design career in 1981. In addition to producing many solo games while with Infocom, he also collaborated with the celebrated author Douglas Adams on the interactive fiction version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Sinistar Unleashed (1999), THQ Inc.
- The Space Bar (1997), SegaSoft
- Hodj 'n' Podj (1995), Virgin Interactive Entertainment
- Superhero League of Hoboken (1994), Legend Entertainment Company
- Eric the Unready (1993), Legend Entertainment Company
- Frederik Pohl's Gateway (1992), Legend Entertainment Company
- (1992), Infocom
- Rex Nebular and The Cosmic Gender Bender (1992), MicroProse
- (1992), Legend Entertainment Company
- (1991), Legend Entertainment Company
- (1990), Legend Entertainment Company
- Lane Mastodon vs. the Blubbermen (1988), Infocom
- Zork Zero: The Revenge of Megaboz (1988), Infocom
- Stationfall (1987), Infocom
- Leather Goddesses of Phobos (1986), Infocom
- A Mind Forever Voyaging (1985), Infocom
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1984), Infocom
- Sorcerer (1984), Infocom
- Planetfall (1983), Infocom
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details