Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Tarsila do Amaral
She was a modernist artist in Brazil, and did not participate on Semana de 22 . Tarsila do Amaral was a member of the Grupo dos Cinco (Group of Five) which included Anita Malfatti (1889?1964), Menotti del Picchia (1892?1988), Mário de Andrade (1893?1945), and Oswald de Andrade (1890?1954).
- 1886 born in Capivari, daughter of Jose Estanislau do Amaral and Lydia Dias de Aguiar do Amaral
- 1906 - married Andres Teixeira Pinto
- 1926 - went to an exposition in Paris
- January 11, 1928 - Painted a picture named Abaporu (an aboriginal word that means man who eats) as an anniversary for Oswald de Andrade
- 1933 - Painted a picture named Operários .
- 1934 - Participated in I Salão Paulista de Belas Artes
- January 17, 1973, died in the city of São Paulo.
- Official website (in Portuguese)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details