Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
She performed in Paris during the 1989 Tiananmen student uprising, singing for the students and proclaiming her support for them and for democracy.
Her songs have been covered by other singers, most notably Faye Wong who released a tribute album (Faye's Decadent Music) consisting entirely of cover songs originally done by Teresa Teng.
Teng enjoyed immense popularity all over Asia and particularly in Japan. Because her songs were so popular in Chinese Karaoke bars, it was said that "by day, Deng Xiaoping rules China, but by night, Deng Lijun rules". Since her death, her former home in Hong Kong (No. 18 Carmel Street) has become a site of pilgrimage for her fans comparable to Graceland.
- When Will You Be Back (Chinese: 何日君再来; pinyin: Hé Rì Jūn Zài Lái)
- As Gentle As a Breeze (Chinese: 恰似你的温柔; pinyin: Qià Sì Nǐ De Wēn Ròu, lit: Just Like Your Tenderness)
- A Small Wish (Chinese: 一个小心愿; pinyin: Yī Gè Xiǎo Xīn Yuàn)
- The Milky Way (Chinese: 云河; pinyin: Yún Hé, lit: Cloud River)
- Fragrance of the Night (Chinese: 夜来香; pinyin: Yè Lái Xiāng)
- How Would You Explain (Chinese: 看今天你怎么说; pinyin: Kàn Jīn Tiān Nǐ Zěn Mé Shūo, lit: Let's See What You'll Say Today)
- Raining on the East Mountain (Chinese: 东山飘雨西山晴; pinyin: Dōng Shān Piāo Yǔ Xī Shān Qíng, lit: East Mountain Raining West Mountain Clear)
- The Moon Represents My Heart (Chinese: 月亮代表我的心; pinyin: Yuè Liàng Dài Biǎo Wǒ De Xīn)
- Stroll on the Road of Life (Chinese: 漫步人生路; pinyin: Màn Bù Rén Shēng Lù)
- Your Sweet Smiles (Chinese: 甜蜜蜜; pinyin: Tián Mì Mì, lit: Sweet Close Close)
- On the Other Side of the Water (Chinese: 在水一方; pinyin: Zài Shǔi Yī Fāng)
- Small Town Story (Chinese: 小城故事; pinyin: Xiǎo Chéng Gù Shì)
- Forget Him (Chinese: 忘记他; pinyin: Wàng Jì Tā)
- Do You Know Whom I Love (Chinese: 你可知道我爱谁; pinyin: Nǐ Kě Zhī Dào Wǒ Ai Shúi)
- Thank You (Chinese: 谢谢你; pinyin: Xiè Xiè Nǐ)
- Goodbye My Love (Chinese: 再见，我的爱人; pinyin: Zài Jiàn, Wǒ De Ai Rén)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details