Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
A terrace is:
- In agriculture, a levelled section of a hilly cultivated area, designed to slow or prevent the rapid run-off of irrigation water. See Terrace (agriculture).
- In gardening, an element where a raised flat paved or gravelled section overlooks a prospect. See Terrace (gardening).
- In geology, a geologic deposits, or sediment, from an old stream, usually in an elevated aspect relative to the current streamway. See Terrace deposit .
- In architecture, a paved unroofed space adjoining a building or a style of housing where identical individual houses are cojoined into rows. See Terraced house.
- The spectator areas of a stadium, especially in the United Kingdom. See Stadium.
- A community in the province of British Columbia in Canada. See Terrace, British Columbia.
- An abstract strategy board game. See Terrace (board game).
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details