Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Amazing Race 4
The Amazing Race 4 was the fourth installment of the popular reality television show, The Amazing Race. In 2004, this installment of the race won the series its second consecutive Primetime Emmy Award for "Outstanding Reality-Competition Program."
The following teams participated in the Race, listed in reverse finishing order:
|12th||Debra & Steve||Married Parents|
|11th||Amanda & Chris||Dating|
|10th||Russell & Cindy||Friends / Dating|
|9th||Steve & Josh||Father / Son|
|8th||Steve & Dave||Air Traffic Controllers|
|7th||Monica & Sheree||NFL Wives / Moms|
|6th||Tian & Jaree||Friends / Models|
|5th||Millie & Chuck||Dating 12 Years / Virgins|
|4th||Jon & Al||Best Friends / Clowns|
|3rd||David & Jeff||Best Friends|
|2nd||Kelly & Jon||Engaged|
|1st||Reichen & Chip||Married|
- The final 2 teams raced through 4 continents, 24 cities, 9 countries, and traveled 44,000 miles.
- On the final leg, David and Jeff made a mistake in flying into Sydney to get flights to Hawaii. There were none until the next day, which put them so far behind that they did not reach the Finish Line.
- Redundant names were a theme in this edition of the Race. There were 3 Steves, 2 Jons, a David and a Dave, and a Sheree and a Jaree.
- Debra and Steve combined for the most body weight of any team in the history of The Amazing Race. This proved to be a major obstacle of their performances in numerous tasks, including running, hiking, and the zipline challenge, ultimately leading to a quick elimination.
The following is a list of locations the teams traveled to during the race.
- Los Angeles, California (Starting point)
- Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy
- Venice, Italy
- Gmunden, Austria
- St. Remy-de-Provence, France
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Mumbai, India
- Alleppey, India
- Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- Sandakan, Malaysia
- Seoul, South Korea
- Brisbane, Australia
- Mooloolaba, Australia
- Cairns, Australia
- Hilo, Hawaii
- Phoenix, Arizona (Finish line)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details