Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Banner of Freedom
The Banner of Freedom is the national anthem of Samoa. Both the words (which honour the country's flag) and the music were composd by Sauni Iiga Kuresa. Samoa adopted The Banner of Freedom as its national anthem upon gaining its independence from New Zealand in 1962.
- Samoa, tula'i ma sisi ia lau fu'a, lou pale lea;
- Samoa, tula'i ma sisi ia lau fu'a, lou palelea;
- Vaai i na fetŮ o loo ua agiagia ai;
- Le faailoga lea o Iesu namaliu ai mo Samoa Oi!
- Samoa e, uu mau lau pule ia faavavau.
- 'Aua e te fefe, o le Atua lo ta fa'a vae
- O lota Sa'o lotoga,
- Samoa, tula'i, ia agiagia lau
- Fu'a lou pale lea.
- Samoa, arise and raise your banner that is your crown!
- Oh! see and behold the stars on the waving banner!
- They are a sign that Samoa is able to lead.
- Oh! Samoa, hold fast
- Your freedom for ever!
- Do not be afraid; as you are founded on God;
- Our treasured precious liberty.
- Samoa, arise and wave
- Your banner that is your crown!
- TheNationalAnthem.com's page on The Banner of Freedom - includes MIDI version of anthem.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details