Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Court Jester
Set in medieval England, the plot nominally concerns the struggle to restore the rightful heir, a child, to the throne. Kaye plays Hubert Hawkins, minstrel to the Black Fox, a Robin Hood-type character played by Edward Ashley . Much hilarity ensues as Kaye infiltrates the evil king's castle by impersonating the king's new jester, Giacomo. Kaye's boundless energy and wit make this movie a classic.
Famous scenes include Hubert's rapid promotion to knight in preparation for a joust against a champion; the joust itself, which involves the need for him to remember a tongue-twister in order not to drink the poisoned wine; and the final duel in which Hubert has been hypnotised into feeling brave, only to revert to his normal cowardly state every time anyone snaps their fingers.
- "I Live to Love" (w. Sammy Cahn m. Sylvia Fine)
- "Life Could Not Better Be" (w.m. Sammy Cahn & Sylvia Fine)
- "Maladjusted Jester" (w.m. Sylvia Fine)
- "My Heart Knows a Lovely Song" (w.m. Sammy Cahn & Sylvia Fine)
- "(You'll Never) Outfox the Fox" (w. Sammy Cahn m. Sylvia Fine)
- "Pass the Basket" (w. Sammy Cahn m. Sylvia Fine)
- "Where Walks My True Love?" (w. Sammy Cahn m. Sylvia Fine)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details