Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (movie)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is an upcoming science-fiction movie based on the book of the same name by Douglas Adams. Shooting was completed in August 2004 and the movie is currently in post-production. It is scheduled to be released on April 28 2005 in the UK, on the following day in the US and Canada, and June 10 in South Africa.
- Martin Freeman as Arthur Dent
- Mos Def as Ford Prefect
- Sam Rockwell as Zaphod Beeblebrox
- Zooey Deschanel as Trillian
- Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast
- John Malkovich as Humma Kavula
- Anna Chancellor as Questular Rontok
- Jack Stanley as Lunkwill
- Dominique Jackson as Fook
- Steve Pemberton as Prosser
- Albie Woodington as the barman
- Jason Schwartzman as Gag Halfrunt
- Simon Jones as "Ghostly Image"
- Mark Longhurst as "Bulldozer Driver"
- Su Elliott as "Pub Customer"
- Terry Bamber as "Technician"
- Kelly MacDonald as "Reporter"
- Helen Mirren as the voice of Deep Thought
- Bill Bailey as the voice of the whale
- Tom Lennon as Eddie the Shipboard Computer
- Warwick Davis as the body of Marvin.
- Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin.
- Stephen Fry as the voice of The Guide.
- Ian McNeice voices Kwaltz, a Vogon
- Richard Griffiths voices Jeltz, a Vogon
- Mark Gatiss - Vogon voice
- Reece Shearsmith - Vogon voice
- Steve Pemberton - Vogon voice
The complete motion picture soundtrack was released as an iTunes Music Store exclusive on 12 April 2005, two weeks before the scheduled CD release. The iTunes Music Store also has two further exclusive sets of tracks related to the movie: The Marvin Mixes and Guide Entries. The Marvin Mixes are made up primarily of remixes of a new version of Reasons to be Miserable, here performed by Stephen Fry, as well as a single new vocal track and a single new instrumental track for Marvin, also performed by Stephen Fry (Stephen Moore recorded the original vocals of both tracks in 1981). The Guide Entries are new spoken "Hitchhiker's Guide" entries, all read by Stephen Fry, with accompanying music by Joby Talbot, who wrote the motion picture score.
- Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Movie Site (UK)
- Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Movie Site (USA)
- Official Trailer
- The First Unofficial HHGG Movie Site (includes teaser download)
- "Hitchhiker Movie FAQ with FUA" from the Douglas Adams Continuum
- New trailer info (2005/02/16)
- Famous Planet Magrathea's Unfavorable Review (2005/3/31)
- Promotional material: Arthur Dent's Weblog, with links to those of Marvin and Zaphod (2005/04/17)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details