Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Lizzie McGuire Movie
While in Rome she gets mistaken for one of a famous Italian pop duo. The movie revolves around her ensuing moral dilemma - whether to live the glamorous life of a pop star in exotic Italy, or return to her normal life with her friends and family in the US. Because Lizzie does not want to leave this adorable Italian guy, she has to go with him secretly (without her teacher and her classmates knowing, except for her friends) because otherwise she will get in major trouble. It is very difficult for Lizzie because of all her struggles of trying to hide and to make sure she is safe!
After graduating junior high, Lizzie flies off on a class trip to Rome. While touring around the city, Lizzie is approached by a gorgeous Italian guy, who tells her she looks just like a famous Italian pop singer named Isabella. The Italian guy turns out to be Isabella's singing partner, Paolo, who says he and Isabella have broken up. Gordo wants Lizzie to be happy, so he convinces her to say yes when Paolo asks her out. Lizzie lies to the school chaperone, pretending to be sick so she can sneak off to tour the city with Paolo.
Then Paolo convinces Lizzie to pretend to be Isabella at a major music event that will be televised worldwide. Lizzie agrees, but just when her scheme is about to be discovered, Gordo sacrifices himself, telling the chaperone that Lizzie has been covering for him. Gordo is kicked off the trip. But, just as he's about to board the plane home, he sees the real Isabella at the airport and discovers the truth about Paolo. Gordo and Isabella race to the music event and stop Paolo from making a fool of Lizzie on stage. Paolo's plan was to show the world that Isabella couldn't sing, but the truth is that Paolo is the bad singer. Backstage, Isabella sings for Lizzie - and she wows everyone.
Later at the hotel, Lizzie takes Gordo up to the roof to talk. First he took the fall for her, and then he saved her from embarrassing herself in front of the whole world. Is there any better friend in the universe? No, Lizzie decides, and kisses him! Now she's not just starting high school with her best friend - she's starting it with the best boyfriend a girl could ever have.
- At the beginning of the movie, Lizzie is lip-synching to "The Tide Is High", sung by British girl group Atomic Kitten (and originally recorded by Blondie).
- Characters missing from the movie who were regularly seen in the TV series: Miranda, Claire, Larry and Lanny.
- Miranda does not go to Rome, because she is in Mexico City on vacation.
- The original title of the movie was "Ciao, Lizzie!" but producers decided to stick with "The Lizzie McGuire Movie" instead.
- Lizzie's animated alter ego will of course be part of the movie -- who else will talk to the audience when Lizzie gets into trouble (which she often does!)?
- The movie will mark the end of the TV series. No worries though -- we're sure to see a lot more of Hilary!
- The film was shot on location in Rome They even got to shoot near the world-famous Coliseum!
- The crew could not get enough of Italian cuisine, especially the yummy gelato (Italian ice cream ) that came in what seemed like a hundred flavors!
- Some of the props and costumes used by the cast are up for auction. How much would you pay for a little bit of Lizzie?
- Director: Jim Fall
- Writers: Susan Estelle Jansen , Ed Decter , & John J. Stauss
- Producer: Stan Rogow
- Co-producer: Susan Estelle Jansen
- Executive Producers: David Roessell & Terri Minsky
- Hilary Duff - Lizzie McGuire & Isabella Parigi
- Adam Lamberg - David "Gordo" Gordon
- Robert Carradine - Sam McGuire
- Hallie Todd - Jo McGuire
- Jake Thomas - Matt McGuire
- Yani Gellman - Paolo Valisari
- Alex Borstein - Miss Ungermeyer
- Clayton Snyder - Ethan Craft
- Ashlie Brillault - Kate Sanders
- Brendan Kelly - Sergei
- Carly Schroeder - Melina Bianco
- Daniel R. Escobar - Mr. Escobar
- Jody Racicot - Giorgio
- Terra MacLeod - Franca DiMontecatini
- Claude Knowlton - stage manager
- Katy Saunders - cute girl # 1
- Antonio Cupo - model # 2
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details