Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Planes of Power
The Planes of Power (PoP, POP, or simply Planes of Power) is an expansion to EverQuest — a massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). The expansion was released in 2002 and is comprised of an assortment of otherwordly planes that do not exist in a planetary sense within the EverQuest universe.
The Planes of Power added high-end content to the game aimed specifically toward higher level players and provided more challenge and diversity to the game. In addition to adding new zones to the game, the expansion also introduced a network of portal points through the game realm, via which players could quickly and easily travel to and from various regions through the central plane, called the Plane of Knowledge.
The primary goal, or end-quest, of The Planes of Power is access to the Plane of Time. Access to this plane can only be obtained through the completion of four large scale encounters involving the death of planar deities and deific creatures. These encounters can only be completed with the organized effort of between 40 and 100 players working together simultaneously.
The recommended level, unofficially, for venturing in the various planes introduced in the expansion is 55 or higher, although most players prefer to organize groups with players who are, at a bare minimum, level 60. The maximum level was increased from 60 to 65 with this expansion.
Zones are organised as tiers and to access the next tier players have to pass several trials. Tier 0 is accessible by everyone and is used to connect with the other plans, there is nothing to fight in those zones. Tier 1 are accessible to everyone as well but contain the first trials.
- Tier 0
- Plane of Knowledge
- Plane of Tranquility - the whole plane is the god Quellious .
- Tier 1
- Plane of Disease
- Plane of Innovation
- Plane of Justice - home of The Tribunal .
- Plane of Nightmare
- Tier 2
- Plane of Storms
- Plane of Valor
- Ruins of Lxanvom - also known as Crypt of Decay, home of Bertoxxolous .
- Lair of Terris Thule - also known as Plane of Nightmare B, home of Terris Thule .
- Tier 3
- Bastion of Thunder - home of Karana, under attack from Agnarr the Storm Lord.
- Halls of Honor
- Drunder, Fortress of Zek - also known as Plane of Tactics, home of Rallos Zek.
- Temple of Marr - also known as Halls of Honor B, home of Mithaniel Marr.
- Tower of Solusek Ro - home of Solusek Ro.
- Plane of Torment - home of Saryrn .
- Tier 4
- Doomfire, The Burning Lands - also known as Plane of Fire, home of Fennin Ro.
- Eryslai the Kingdom of Wind - also known as Plane of Air, home of Xegony.
- Vegarlson the Earthen Badlands - also known as Plane of Earth.
- Ragrax, Stronghold of the Twelve - also known as Plane of Earth B, home of the Rathe Council .
- Reef of Coirnav - also known as Plane of Water, home of Coirnav the Avatar of Water.
- Tier 5
- Plane of Time A - a sort of waiting hall for players to gather before entering Plane of Time B
- Plane of Time B
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details