Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Timeline of Star Trek
The below is an abridged timeline of events established in the group of television shows and feature films set in the fictional Star Trek universe. More exhaustive timelines are available in both Star Trek#Star Trek reference works and in various fan websites.
- Khan Noonien Singh rises to power, assuming dictatorial control from South Asia to the Middle East.
- The Eugenics Wars end.
- As portrayed in Star Trek: First Contact, the crew of the Enterprise-E travel through time from the 24th century to stop the Borg from assimilating humanity. With the help of the Enterprise crew, Zefram Cochrane makes the first human warp flight with the Phoenix. This attracts the Vulcans and they make first contact with humans.
- The events of Star Trek: Enterprise take place.
- James T. Kirk is born.
- 2242 -2245
- 2250 -2251
- The events of "The Cage".
- 2261 -2264
- The Starship Enterprise completes its second five-year mission under Christopher Pike and enters refit. Within this time the ships population is substantially enlarged, rising from 200 to 430. Also during this time Christopher Pike is promoted to fleet captain and James T. Kirk is promoted to Captain of the Starship Enterprise and begins a five year mission of deep space exploraration.
- The events of "Where No Man Has Gone Before".
- 2267 -2269
- Captain Pike has a freak accident which leaves him deformed and totally paralyzed. The events in Star Trek: The Animated Series and "The Menagerie", immediately after which the Starship Enterprise returns from its shortened five-year mission under the command of Captain James T. Kirk and enters refit while James T. Kirk is promoted to Admiral at Starfleet Command. It is during the next eighteen months that the ship goes from its appearance in Star Trek to its appearance in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
- The events of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
- 2271 -2276
- The events of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
- The events of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
- The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) is decommissioned.
- The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-B), an Excelsior class starship is launched, and the prologue to Star Trek: Generations occurs (in which Captain Kirk disappears after an accident and is presumed dead for decades).
- Jean-Luc Picard is born.
- Worf is born.
- The events of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- The Defiant class development project begins at Starfleet's Advanced Starship Design Bureau at Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards and is later constructed at Antares Fleet Yards . Following the events of the Battle of Wolf 359, then Commander Benjamin Sisko takes command overseeing the project until it is shelved in 2368 following several systems failures. After first contact with the Dominion in 2370 Starfleet restarts the project.
- 2366 -2367
- 2369 -2375
- The events of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The Cardassians end their occupation of the planet Bajor; the Federation, in the process of assisting Bajor recover, discover a wormhole that leads to the opposite quadrant of the galaxy. The ex-Cardassian space station, now named Deep Space Nine, becomes a focal point of galactic trade and activity.
- The events of Star Trek: Generations. The planet Viridian, its inhabitants, and the entire crew of the Enterprise-D are destroyed while preventing Soran from destroying an inhabited solar system. As a result, Picard is thrust into a temporal Nexus Of Joy (which allows him to do whatever he wants and wherever he wants, without reservation of time). After entering the Nexus, Picard takes back with him Captain James Kirk, said to have been killed decades before, but also caught in the Nexus. As a result of Picard's actions of altering the fate of Viridian, Captain Kirk and Soran are killed and the entire crew of the Enterprise-D is saved.
- 2371 -2377
- The events of Star Trek: Voyager.
- Worf is transferred to command division on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine under Captain Benjamin Sisko and is excommunicated by Gowron for refusing to support the Klingon attack on Cardassia.
- USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-E) is launched. At the time of its launch, the Sovereign class vessel is the most advanced in the fleet.
- The USS Prometheus is hijacked by the Romulan Tal Shiar. Before it can enter the Romulan Neutral Zone though it is recovered by Starfleet with the help of two "Emergency Medical Holograms", one of which is from the Starship Voyager.
- The Federation learns that the Starship Voyager was not destroyed four years previously, but in fact became stranded in the Delta Quadrant and is making its way home on an estimated 70-year journey.
- The events of Star Trek: Nemesis. The crew of the Enterprise-E become involved with a military coup within the Romulan Star Empire. Their intervention improves relations between the Romulans and the Federation; during the conflict Enterprise science officer Data is destroyed.
- Former first officer of the Enterprise-E William Riker is promoted to Captain and given command of the Starship Titan. The ship's first mission is to oversee the peace negotiations between the United Federation of Planets and the Romulan Star Empire following the events of Star Trek: Nemesis.
- 26th century
- 28th century
- 31st century
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details