Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Liberalism in Slovakia
This article gives an overview of liberalism in Slovakia. It is limited to liberal parties with substantial support, mainly proved by having had a representation in parliament. The sign ⇒ means a reference to another party in that scheme. For inclusion in this scheme it isn't necessary so that parties labeled themselves as a liberal party.
Liberalism did never play an important role in Slovakia and never grew to become a major force. The Alliance of the New Citizen (Aliancia Nového Občana, observer LI, member ELDR) is a right of center market liberal party.
From Independent Hungarian Initiative to Hungarian Civic Party
- 1989: Hungarian liberals establish the Independent Hungarian Initiative (Független Magyar Kezdeményesez)
- 1991: The party is renamed the Hungarian Civic Party (Magyar Polgári Part)
- 1998: The party merges into the Hungarian Coalition Party (Magyar Koalíció Pártja)
From Alliance of Democrats to Democratic Union of Slovakia
- 1993: Dissidents from the Movement for a Democratic Slovakia established the Alliance of Democrats of the Slovak Republic , led by Milan Kňažko
- 1994: It merged with a second dissident group, the Alliance for Political Realism, into the Democratic Union of Slovakia (Demokratická Únia na Slovensku)
- 2002: The party merged into the Slovak Democratic and Christian Union (Slovenská demokratická a kresťanská únia)
Alliance of the New Citizen
- 2001: Liberals around Pavel Rusko established the Alliance of the New Citizen (Aliancia Nového Občana)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details