Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Tivoli Variety Theatre
The Tivoli Variety Theatre started life as the Conciliation Hall in 1834. It was built as a meeting place for Daniel O'Connell's Repeal Association. In 1897, it was rebuilt as a concert hall called the Grand Lyric Hall and changed name to the Lyric Theatre of Varieties the following year. It became known as the Tivloi in 1901. It was a modest sized music hall with seating for 1252 patrons. The Tivoli closed in 1928 and the building became the home of the Irish Press newspaper group.
- Ryan, Philip B. The Lost Theatres of Dublin. (The Badger Press, 1998) ISBN 0-9526076-1-1
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details