Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Todd Pacific Shipyards
Todd Pacific Shipyards Corporation was founded in 1916 as the William H. Todd Corporation through the merger of Robins Dry Dock & Repair Company of Erie Basin , Brooklyn, New York, the Tietjen & Long Dry Dock Company of Hoboken, New Jersey, and the Seattle Construction & Dry Dock Company. The Seattle shipyard could trace its history back to 1882, when Robert Moran opened a marine repair shop at Yesler's Wharf. This shop became the Moran Brothers Shipyard in 1906 and the Seattle Construction & Dry Dock Company at the end of 1911.
Todd has performed building and maintenance work for, among others, the U.S. and Royal Australian Navies, the U.S. Coast Guard, and the Washington State Ferries. Its headquarters and operations are on Harbor Island at the head of Seattle's Duwamish Waterway.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details