Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Tournai (Dutch: Doornik) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Hainaut. On January 1, 2004, Tournai had a total population of 67,341 (32,693 males and 34,648 females). The total area is 213.75 km² which gives a population density of 315.05 inhabitants per km².
Tournai was once the capital of the Salian Franks.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site Citation
- Official site — The city's site, available in French, English and Dutch.
- Tournai City.net — Online directory for this city.
- Joan of Arc's letter to Tournai — English translation of this letter dictated by Joan of Arc on June 25, 1429.
- Apis Tornacensis — database and bibliography about history.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details