Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Trailer Park Boys
Trailer Park Boys is a popular Canadian sitcom/mockumentary from 2001 focusing on the misadventures of ex-convicts living in fictional Sunnyvale Trailer Park which is located near Halifax, Nova Scotia. The show's creator and director is Mike Clattenburg.
The show has been a great success for Showcase, where it is the network's highest rated Canadian series. It airs in the United States on BBC America and in the United Kingdom on the Paramount Comedy Channel (from 4 April 2005).
- Ricky. Played by Robb Wells.
- Ricky is addicted to both marijuana and alcohol, and is Julian's best friend. He isn't too bright, partially due to a poor education (he never graduated from High/Secondary School as a child). His dim mindedness can also be attributed to his drinking and dope smoking.
- Ricky is a self-taught horiculturist, having grown large crops of marijuana which he sells. He is an expert at getting out of trouble with the law, often tricking police and his victims into helping him physically carry the things he plans to steal.
- He's fond of knock-knock jokes that don't usually have a punchline so much as a stream of profanity and he frequently wears track pants. His diet consist mainly of alcohol, chocolate milk, chicken fingers , chicken chips , pepperoni and cereal. He bears a passing resemblance to the magician Reveen.
- His family consists of his father, his girlfriend Lucy and their daughter Trinity. Ricky was set on marrying Lucy until the wedding was interrupted by the police.
- Julian. Played by John Paul Tremblay.
- Julian is the smarter of the pair and the leader of the group. His main goal in life is to get rich quick (usually from drug related activities and stealing items of value under $1000) and retire. He is never seen without a drink (almost always rum and Coke) in his hand. Julian is generally more sensible than Ricky, and sometimes thinks of getting a legitimate job, but "Freedom 35", the plan to get enough money through crime to retire early, always lures him back in.
- Bubbles. Played by Mike Smith.
- Julian and Ricky's best friend. Abandoned as a child, Bubbles lived in a shed for 18 years of his life with his cats, who are his only family. He had made a living in the meantime by the generosity of his friends and a semi-lucrative shopping cart theft scam (he calls it re-marketing) with the nearby malls.
- An animal lover, Bubbles makes the ballooning population of stray cats his own responsibility, feeding and looking after them.
- His name comes from his childhood love of blowing bubbles. His parents abandoned him on Christmas Eve (his parents left him a note explaining his father was "shooting his mouth off too much") and left him an antique bubblemaking machine which he now uses to entertain his cats. Sadly, the machine was destroyed when Bubbles' shed caught fire (because of Ricky's poor rewiring job when he used the shed as a temporary home for his grow-op).
- Bubbles' evil alter-ego is a ventriloquist dummy named Conky; the pair bear a striking resemblance.
- Jim Lahey. Played by John Dunsworth .
- A former police officer, dismissed for reasons he doesn't wish to talk about (he was caught with marijauna on the job), Mr. Lahey runs Sunnyville Trailer Park at the behest of his wife, the owner of the Park. He is rarely seen without Randy and the two have an undefined personal relationship together. He develops a drinking problem between seasons 1 and 2 and lets the trailer park decline into chaos. He keeps trying to catch Julian and Ricky at their illegal activities but is fairly ineffective. Has a tendency to use the word "shit" as a prefix to most nouns.
- Randy. Played by Patrick Roach .
- Mr. Lahey's assistant. He has an insatiable hunger for cheeseburgers, which has contributed to his large round pot belly and he never wears a shirt. He has an undefined personal relation with his boss. He went out with Lucy for a short while during Ricky's stay in prison between seasons 1 and 2.
- Randy used to be a male prostitute who went by the handle "Smokey". He will sometimes fall back on this job whenever he doesn't have any money for cheeseburgers.
- Lucy. Played by Lucy DeCoutere .
- Ricky's on-again, off-again girlfriend and mother to his child, Trinity. It is also hinted at that Lucy and Julian used to be together.
- Sarah. Played by Sarah E. Dunsworth .
- Lucy's best friend. She moved in with Lucy and Trinity while Ricky was in prison at the beginning of season 1. She dated Ricky for a while and encouraged him to focus on school. However this didn't last long as soon as Ricky got rich, she was helpful in trying to get Lucy to file a child support suit against Ricky. Right now she is dating both Cory & Trevor as one entity and co-owner of a hair salon in the park.
- J-Roc. Played by Jonathan Torrens.
- An Eminem wannabe who lives with his mother at the trailer park. He speaks in ebonics and very frequently asks "nomesayin'?" (know what I'm saying) He often helps Ricky and Julian out. He also occasionally makes forays into the amateur international porn market (his titles to date are the low-budget movies, "From Russia With the Love Bone" and "The Bare Pimp Project"). Real name is Jamie.
- In the episode Who's the Microphone Assasin?, it is explored that J-Roc, and even people around him, forget that he's white. In Dear Santa Claus. Go Fuck Yourself, which takes place in 1997, J-Roc speaks very plainly and professes that he had never smoked marijuana up to that point in time.
- Cory. Played by Cory Bowles .
- Trevor. Played by Michael Jackson .
- Trevor and Cory are two rather stupid young adults who are often used as lackeys by Ricky and Julian, but it's rarely worth the effort because they have a tendency to screw up anything. Invariably, the pair are used by Ricky as scapegoats whenever something illegal doesn't go according to plan. Trevor is contstantly being harassed for cigarettes by Ricky.
- Ray. Played by Barrie Dunn .
- Ray is Ricky's father who enjoys drinking alcohol, listening to blues music and reading the Bible. He constantly steals his son's pepperoni. For the purposes of claiming disability benefit , he spends most of his time in a wheelchair although he is not disabled and will stand and walk around normally when he believes no-one is watching. Interestingly enough, his wheelchair has three flags on it, a Pirate flag, a Canadian Flag and a Confederate flag.
- Sam Losco. Played by Sam Tarasco .
- Sam is a former veterinarian who lost his job after helping Ricky fix a bullet wound. He later ran for Trailer Park Supervisor but lost to Jim Lahey after Julian slipped hallucinogenic mushrooms into his food prior to his speech to the residents of the park. Then he got his veternary license back (on probation) and started up his practice again. He has a mild demeanor, but is not particularly fond of Ricky or Julian. His favorite food seems to be greasy hot dogs.
- Tyrone. Played by Tyrone Parsons .
- Detroit Velvet Smooth (DVS). Played by Gary "Papa Grand" James .
- Tyrone and DVS are J-Roc's managers. Tyrone is part of the original cast, while DVS was introduced in the episode Who's the Microphone Assassin?. In that episode, DVS found out from Mr. Lahey about how J-Roc was pirating his songs, and proceeded to crash his rap concert at the trailer park and threatened him. He later had a change of heart when the park residents told him about J-Roc, and since then DVS and Tyrone together manage J-Roc's career. It was Tyrone and DVS who came up with the idea of having J-Roc pretend to go to jail to increase his street cred. Ricky often calls DVS "DVD".
- Officer George Green. Played by George Green .
- The local police officer most often dispatched to deal with Ricky and Julian. He is easily fooled by the pair and it is very rare that he makes an arrest.
- Cyrus. Played by Bernard Robichaud .
- Bully who enjoys waving his gun around and terrorizing the residents of the trailer park. Ruled over the park while Julian and Ricky were in jail at the start of Season One.
- Trinity is Ricky's daughter. She has an addiction to cigarettes and sometimes gets drunk which usually ends up in Lucy being angry at Ricky. She has even eaten a hash brownie made by Ricky (unbeknown to him) in the episode "Mrs. Peterson's Dog Gets Fucked Up" with her exclaiming "These brownies taste funny." Played by Jeanna Harrison .
- Treena Lahey is Jim and Barbara's daughter. She hero-worships Ricky, much to the chagrin of her father. Played by Ellen Page .
- Barbara Lahey is the owner of Sunnyvale Trailer Park. She was married to Jim until she divorced him due to his embarassing shenanigans. She was briefly engaged to Sam Losco in Season 2 until Julian & J-Roc showed her "The Bare Pimp Project", a low budget adult film. Recently she proposed to Ricky until he went back to jail at the end of Season 4. Played by Shelley Thompson .
- Terry and Dennis. Played by Mio and Nobu Adilman
- Terry and Dennis are a pair of Japanese-Canadian brothers who use their grandmother's house as a cover to deal pot. The brothers deubted in the episode Give Peace a Chance in season five. Ricky knows them well since their childhood days, but they are not well-liked by Julian and Bubbles. The brothers like to walk around the house wearing only their bathrobes while not covering their private parts.
- Levi. Played by Ardon Bess .
- Desiree. Played by Sandi Ross .
- Candy was Julian's girlfriend at one point in the series.
- Erica Miller is a police officer who fell for Julian, hoping that he'd leave his current life behind. She later realized that he'd never change and arrested him. Played by Shauna MacDonald .
- Jacob works at a convenience store. Played by Jacob Rolfe .
- Alex Lifeson from the band, Rush. Played himself in the episode, Closer to the Heart.
- Rita MacNeil. Canadian singer-songwriter. Played herself in the episode, Working Man. website
- Nancy Regan . Halifax based journalist. Played herself in the episode, Working Man. website
- Mrs. Peterson Mistakingly thinks Julian is her grandson. Is in the episode "Mrs. Peterson's Dog Gets Fucked Up", when Julian and Ricky have to take care of her dog.
- Take Your Little Gun and Get Out of My Trailer Park
- Fuck Community College, Let's Get Drunk and Eat Chicken Fingers
- Mr. Lahey's Got My Porno Tape!
- Mrs. Peterson's Dog Gets Fucked Up
- I'm Not Gay, I Love Lucy... Wait a Second, Maybe I am Gay
- Who the Hell Invited These Idiots to My Wedding?
- What in the Fuck Happened to Our Trailer Park?
- Jim Lahey Is a Drunk Bastard (Summary)
- I've Met Cats and Dogs Smarter Than Trevor and Cory (Summary)
- A Dope Trailer Is No Place for a Kitty (Summary)
- The Bible Pimp (Summary)
- Never Trust a Man with No Shirt On (Summary)
- The Bare Pimp Project (Summary)
- Kiss of Freedom (Summary)
- Temporary Relief Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor (Summary)
- If I Can't Smoke and Swear I'm Fucked (Summary)
- Who's the Microphone Assassin? (Summary)
- Closer to the Heart (Summary)
- Where the Fuck is Randy's Barbeque? (Summary)
- The Delusions of Officer Jim Lahey (Summary)
- A Shit Leopard Can't Change Its Spots (Summary)
- Never Cry Shitwolf (Summary)
- Man's Gotta Eat (Summary)
- Rub 'N Tiz'zub (Summary)
- The Green Bastard (Summary)
- Conky (Summary)
- If You Love Something, Set It Free (Summary)
- Propane, Propane (Summary)
- Workin' Man (Summary)
Christmas Special 2004
- Dear Santa Claus. Go Fuck Yourself (Summary)
- Give Peace a Chance
- The Shit Puppets
There is currently a Trailer Park Boys movie in production
- "Trailer Park Boys are the latest incarnation of a Canadian cultural classic." - The Globe and Mail
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details