Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
This is the disambiguation page for the terms Turk, Turkey, Turkic, and Turkish. Because these four terms are highly interrelated, they also refer to similar subjects, all gathered on this one disambiguation page.
A Turk is someone from one of the Turkic peoples. Other meanings of Turk are
- the Young Turks were a political party in the late Ottoman Empire; the name later came to be applied to any ambitious and non-conformist young adult
- the Turk, the first chess-playing automaton
- the pen name of cartoonist Philippe Liégeois, as in Turk & De Groot
- Turk was a tailor of country-western wear for musicians from the 1940s to the 1970s
- Turk was a rapper for the Cash Money Records label, one of the members of the Hot Boys
- Sometimes, Turk refers to any citizen of the country Turkey, regardless of their ethnic identity.
- Grand Turk is an island that is part of the Turks and Caicos Islands, and overseas dependency of the United Kingdom.
- A turkey bird
- Domesticated turkey, often used for food (see Turkey (food)).
- Turkey, North Carolina, a town
- In bowling, three consecutive strikes.
- "Cold turkey", a withdrawal from drug addiction without gradual tapering off of usage.
Turkic means relating to the group of countries in Central-Asia, where the people share the same language family. A good reference for this term is found in
The term Turkish denotes of or relating to the country of Turkey. Various subjects can be referred to, such as
- Turkish language
- Turkish Airlines
- Turkish cuisine
- Turkish music
- Turkish literature
- Turkish Empire (old usage)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details