Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Stuff I'm most interested in includes:
- Current main interest is the Link Suggester and LinkBot - a project to suggest useful wiki links on the talk page of articles.
- As a related project of suggesting links, the code for this needs to examine the wiki syntax of a page. It logs any pages that have malformed wiki syntax, such as malformed brackets. The project to get these problems fixed has grown and evolved to become the Wiki Syntax Project.
- As a related project of suggesting links, automatically suggesting new useful redirects and disambiguation pages, from the data that we have already got in the Wikipedia.
- Suburbs of the inner-west, as part of the Sydney Suburbs WikiProject. I'm starting with Summer Hill, and considering adding one of the following neighbouring suburbs next if that goes OK (together with some notes to myself on how to begin):
- Ashfield ; Have made a very rough start on this.
- Previously added Haberfield, but it really needs to be expanded; Can research with the Haberfield Society.
- Lewisham. See Marrickville Heritage Society, Marrickville Road; Also see book by Chris Meader; Also Petersham Council maintains an archives in the local studies library, in the Old Marricville Town Hall.
- Dulwich Hill ; Can research with Canterbury Historical Society, who open 1st Saturday afternoon of each month, in the premises in a house in Church Street, Canterbury.
- Croydon - See Burwood Historical Society.
- My girlfriend and I have a maine coon cat. They're an interesting breed - they're smart for one thing, and they're naughty too (e.g. whilst fast asleep, try being jumped on at 4 AM from a height of 8 feet by a 7 kilo cat - you wake up pretty quick).
- Most articles involving Australia I'm happy to proof-read, if I've got time (which lately I tend not to). E.g. articles on the Australian wikipedian's noticeboard.
Possible future projects
These things are just ideas that interest me at the moment - nothing has been done on them yet - rather they're things I may do in the future.
- One thing I'd like to do (and I must strongly emphasise that this is just an idea at this stage, at the end of very long list of things to!) is this: HTML validate the entire English Wikipedia (and produce a list of all the errors, same as for the Wiki things). This should get every mismatched div tag, every stuffed HTML table, every bad HTML entity - the whole enchilada across the whole Wikipedia. I see this (for the HTML side) + the what the Wiki Syntax does already (for the wiki side) as being the ultimate combination for these types of problems.
- Wiki contribs by Bec.
- My homepage.
No longer interested in fixing pages with bad titles.
- List of Wikipedians by number of edits.
- Sandbox for me to test stuff.
- Upload file to Wikimedia commons.
My Wiki Timeline
- 19 Aug 2004: My first logged-in edit.
- Made my 1000th edit some time on 6th Nov 2004 as part of the second batch of the Wiki Syntax project.
I agree to multi-license all my contributions, with the exception of my user pages, as described below:
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details