Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Canadian Forces Base Valcartier is located 25 km west of Quebec City. CFB Valcartier was originally erected as a military camp in August of 1914 as part of the mobilization of a Canadian Expeditionary Force at the onset of the Great War. Due to its proximity to the port of Quebec it became the largest military camp on Canadian soil, including some 32,000 men and 8,000 horses.
Currently CFB Valcartier is home for 5 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group, which consists of 5e Régiment d'artillerie légère du Canada (5 RALC), the 12e Régiment blindé du Canada (12 RBC), 5e Régiment du génie de combat (a combat engineering regiment), the three Regular Force battalions of Le Royal 22e Régiment, 5 Service Batallion, and 5 Military Police Platoon. The base also houses a helicopter squadron, communications squadron and other support units.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details