Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Venezuelan Summer League
The league is open to players from all Latin American countries except Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. Currently, in the league are players from Aruba, Brazil, Colombia, Curacao, Ecuador, El Salvador, Mexico, Panama, Nicaragua and Venezuela.
Each team has a roster limit of 35 active players: no more than 12 players 20 years of age or older, and no more than four players 21 years of age or older. At least 10 must be pitchers, as of July 1. No player on active list may have more than four years of minor league service.
The nine member teams plays a 64 game regular schedule, beginning on May 1 and ending on August 31. In the play-offs, the winner and runner up teams meet in a best-of-three games series for championship.
The current member teams and their affiliated MLB organizations are:
- Aguirre - Seattle Mariners
- Cagua - Cincinnati Reds
- Ciudad Alianza - Boston Red Sox
- San Joaquin - Pittsburgh Pirates
- Tronconero (A) - Philadelphia Phillies
- Tronconero (B) - New York Mets
- Universidad - Florida Marlins and San Diego Padres (cooperated)
- Venoco (A) - Houston Astros
- Venoco (B) - Baltimore Orioles
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details