Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Vernon Maxwell (born September 12 1965 in Gainesville, Florida) is a former basketball player who played in the NBA from 1989-2001, with his longest tenure coming with the Houston Rockets. Aside from his basketball achievements, was notorious for his erratic public behavior and run-ins with the law, and was arrested eight times in ten years.
- 1987: Due to NCAA violations, all the points he scored last two seasons in college were eliminated from the record books.
- 1994: He was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon.
- 1994: He swung a free weight at the head of his teammate Carl Herrera, who required 30 stiches.
- 1995: He took two weeks off from the season for "personal problems", only to admit later that he merely wanted an in-season vacation.
- 1995: In a game at Portland, he climbed into into the stands to punch a fan.
- 1999: In Florida, he was arrested for failing to pay $160,000 in child support.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details