Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Virginia State Highway 31
Virginia State Highway 31, known as the John Rolfe Highway is located in the eastern part of the state, and connects U.S. Highway 460 in the town of Wakefield in Sussex County with Virginia State Highway 5 and Virginia States Highway 199 in Williamsburg. It is 27 miles long, including three miles on the Jamestown Ferry.
The Jamestown Ferry, also known as the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry, is an automobile ferry system on the James River connecting Jamestown in James City County with Scotland in Surry County. Toll-free, it is the only 24-hour state-run ferry operation in Virginia. It has over 90 employees keeping it on schedule. It operates four ferry boats, the Pocahontas, the Williamsburg, the Surry, and the Virginia.
Major Intersections and points
(from south to north)
- U.S. Highway 460 in the in the town of Wakefield in Sussex County
- U.S. Highway 10 in the town of Surry, Virginia in Surry County
- Jamestown Ferry from Scotland in Surry County to Jamestown
- Colonial Parkway in James City County
- Virginia State Highway 5 in the city of Williamsburg
- Virginia State Highway 199 in the city of Williamsburg
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details