Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Located at 28 km from the center of Moscow, Vnukovo Airport (Аэропорт Внуково in Russian) (IATA airport code : VKO / ICAO airport code : UUWW) was the first international airport in the Moscow region. Approved by the Russian government in 1937 since the older airport - Hodynskoye field was overloaded, the airport was opened on July 1, 1941.
Vnukovo Airport was used for military operations during the Second World War. The airport became a civil airport after the war. On September 15, 1956, the Tupolev Tu-104 jetliner carried out its first passenger flight from Moscow Vnukovo to Irkutsk via Omsk. The first passenger flight of Ilyushin IL-18 (Moscow to Alma-Ata, on April 20, 1956) and Tupolev Tu-114 (Moscow to Habarovsk on April 24, 1961) were also carried out from Vnukovo Airport.
There are two 3,000 m (9,842 ft) runways, 4 Passenger Terminals, 1 Cargo Terminal and 60 aircraft stands at Vnukovo Airport. The airport can handle a maximum number of 2,300 passengers per hour. 4,000 people are employed at the airport. The Tupolev rework facility is also located at Vnukovo Airport.
A VIP hall was equipped at Vnukovo Airport, and it is used by many political leaders and important people visiting Russia. The Russian President also uses the VIP facility at Vnukovo Airport.
- Air Moldova
- Armianskie Avialinii
- Avialinii Ukrainy
- KMV - Kavminvody Avia
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details