Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Walk Among Us
|Walk Among Us|
|LP by The Misfits|
|Record label||Ruby and|
|The Misfits Chronology|
|Walk Among Us(1982)||Evilive |
Walk Among Us was the ninth release from the Lodi, New Jersey punk band The Misfits. The band's first full-length album, it was originally co-released by Ruby and Slash Records as JRR804 in March of 1982.
It was the product of a January 1982 recording session at Quad Teck in Los Angeles, California in which Glenn Danzig, for the most part, remixed previously recorded songs, overdubbing additional guitar tracks. Danzig also recorded new vocals for "Vampira" and mixed for the first time the live recording of "Mommy Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?" that was recorded at the same time as the Evilive release.
The majority of the songs were originally recorded in a variety of sessions throughout early 1981 at the Mix-O-Lydian Studio in Boonton, New Jersey. The dates of these sessions are unknown, but they were all mixed at one time. "Vampira", "Devils Whorehouse", and "Astro Zombies" were recorded and mixed separately at Mix-O-Lydian in August of 1981. "Hate Breeders" was recorded in June of 1981 at Newsoundland in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. "Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?", of course, the only live track on the album, was recorded on December 17, 1981 at the Ritz in New York, New York.
- "20 Eyes" (Danzig) - 1:45
- "I Turned Into A Martian" (Danzig) - 1:41
- "All Hell Breaks Loose" (Danzig) - 1:47
- "Vampira" (Danzig) - 1:26
- "Nike A Go Go" (Danzig) - 2:16
- "Hate Breeders" (Danzig) - 3:08
- "Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?" (Danzig) - (live)
- "Night Of The Living Dead" (Danzig) - 1:57
- "Skulls" (Danzig) - 2:00
- "Violent World" (Danzig) - 1:46
- "Devils Whorehouse" (Danzig) - 1:45
- "Astro Zombies" (Danzig) - 2:14
- "Braineaters" (Danzig) - 0:56
- Glenn Danzig - Vocals, guitar on "Vampira", "Devil's Whorehouse", "Astro Zombies", overdubbed guitar on all tracks except "Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?"
- Jerry Only - bass, background vocals
- Doyle - guitar, background vocals on "Hate Breeders", "Vampira", "Devil's Whorehouse", "20 Eyes", "I Turned Into A Martian"
- Arthur Googy - drums
- Mike Taylor - Engineer on all tracks except "Hate Breeders"
- Pat Burnette - Engineer on "Hate Breeders"
- The Misfits - Producer
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details