Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Wendy McElroy is a Canadian disciple of Murray Rothbard. She calls herself an an individualist anarchist and an Individualist Feminist, the latter being a new group who (amongst other things) argue for traditional female and male roles. Individualist Feminists are considered anti-feminist by some feminists, and Wendy McElroy is well known for her opposition to some aspects of the feminist movement.
McElroy wrote Queen Silver: The Godless Girl about her friend Queen Selections Silver . While Silver was a left-wing anarchist, the respect between them was never diminished, despite vigorous political difference.
It is worth noting that McElroy's use of the terms individualist anarchist and individualist feminist are disputed by some. From the perspective of mainstream and radical feminists her positions are more reflective of anti-feminist values than feminist ones, and her positions on anarchism are more generally considered to be those of an anarcho-capitalist rather than than an individualist. She has responded to the charge of anti-feminism by stating that her form of individualist feminism is representative of an alternative tradition of feminism rather than an attack on feminism as a whole.
- National Identification Systems: Essays in Opposition, by Carl Watner, Wendy McElroy, January 1, 2004 ISBN 0786415959
- Debates of Liberty: An Overview of Individualist Anarchism, 1881-1908, February 1, 2003 ISBN 073910473X
- Liberty for Women: Freedom and Feminism in the Twenty-First Century, May 1, 2002 ISBN 1566634350
- Sexual Correctness: The Gender-Feminist Attack on Women, June 2001
- Dissenting Electorate: Those Who Refuse to Vote and the Legitimacy of Their Opposition by Carl Watner, Wendy McElroy, January 1, 2001
- Individualist Feminism of the Nineteenth Century: Collected Writings and Biographical Profiles, January 1, 2001
- Queen Silver : The Godless Girl (Women's Studies (Amherst, N.Y.) by Wendy McElroy, Queen Selections Silver, December 1, 1999
- Freedom, Feminism, and the State by Wendy McElroy, Lewis Perry, February 1, 1999
- The Reasonable Woman: A Guide to Intellectual Survival, April 1, 1998
- Xxx: A Women's Right to Pornography by Wendy McElroy, Prelude Pr, 1995, ISBN 0312136269
- Liberty, 1881-1908: A Comprehensive Index, January 1982
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details