Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Will Oldham is a songwriter and musician, hailing originally from Louisville, Kentucky. His music is often (perhaps inappropriately) placed under the genre of "alternative country". Oldham attended Brown University.
Oldham has recorded under many names, including Palace, Palace Music, Palace Brothers, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, and Bonnie Billy. He often plays and records with other musicians, including Dave Pajo and his brothers Ned and Paul Oldham, but is generally the chief creator of the music. He has also been involved in musical projects and bands such as The Amalgamated Sons of Rest, The Anomoanon and The Boxhead Collection.
It is possible that the historical figure Bonnie 'Prince' Charlie, a duke and eventual fugitive who attempted to overthrow British rule in Scotland during the 17th century, played an influence in the Bonnie 'Prince' Billy moniker.
- Palace Brothers - There Is No One What Will Take Care of You (1993)
- Palace Brothers - Days in the Wake (1994)
- Palace Music - Viva Last Blues (1995)
- Palace - Arise Therefore (1996)
- Palace Music - Lost Blues and Other Songs (1997)
- Will Oldham - Joya (1997)
- Bonnie "Prince" Billy - I See a Darkness (1999)
- Will Oldham - Ode Music (2000)
- Will Oldham - Guarapero/Lost Blues 2 (2000)
- Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Ease Down the Road (2001)
- Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Master and Everyone (2003)
- Bonnie "Prince" Billy Sings Greatest Palace Music (2004)
- Matt Sweeney & Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Superwolf (2005)
Collaborations with other artists include:
- Will Oldham at Drag City (record company)
- The Royal Stable - Will Oldham news, photos, tour dates, and other information
- The Wanderer - Chico News and Review column about Will Oldham, March 28, 2002
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details