Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Palace is now part of a group of magnificent buildings that is called the State Hermitage Museum which holds one of the world's greatest collections of art. As part of the Museum, many of the Winter Palace's 1057 halls and rooms are open to the public.
- The movie, Russian Ark, an incredible single shot walk through with period reenactments spanning three hundred years of court meetings, balls, and family life in this building.
- Catherine palace - the summer residence of Catherine the Great
- Hermitage Museum - the present use of the Winter Palace with arguably the greatest collection of art in the world.
- Peterhof - Peter the Great's summer palace
- Tsarskoye Selo - The Tsar's summer residence outside St Petersburg
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details