Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Wladislaus II the Exile of Poland
- Born: 1105, Cracow, Poland
- Died: 30 May 1159, in Altenburg, Germany
- Parents: Boleslaus III the Wrymouth, Duke of Poland , and Zbyslava of Kiev , daughter of Sviatopolk II of Kiev.
- Maried to: Agnes of Babenberg of Austria, 1125
- Children: Boleslaus the Long , Duke of Silesia and Richeza of Poland who married Alfonso VII, King of Castile and Leon.
In 1146 he was driven into exile by his younger brothers and died in Germany. In 1163 the province of Silesia was granted to his sons by the Polish duke Boleslaus Kedzierzawy. Subsequenly Silesia was divided among his descendants and successors (going up to 17 duchies), until they died out in 1675
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details