Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California
Founded as Girard in 1922 by Victor Girard Kleinberger, the area was renamed Woodland Hills in 1941. The modern Warner Center commercial zone is located here and features several high-rise buildings, hotels, and shopping centers. A major transit hub is being constructed here.
- Woodland Hills is the birthplace of WKRP in Cincinnati cast member Jan Smithers.
- Prior to being convicted of fraud, teenage entrepreneur Barry Minkow bought a mansion in Woodland Hills,
- Home of El Camino Real High School and William Howard Taft High School , both are multiple academic decathlon winners.
- Many Hollywood notables spent their later years at the Motion Picture & Television Country House and Hospital.
Locations of interest
- Fry's Electronics
- Los Angeles Pierce College
- Westfield Shoppingtown Topanga Plaza (borders Canoga Park)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details