1. Using the ruler, marker, and drawing compass, draw a rectangle about 7.5 cm by 18 cm
and four circles 7.5 cm in diameter on the flat surface of the meat tray. Cut out each
2. Inflate the balloon a few times to stretch it. Slip the nozzle over the end of the
flexi-straw nearest the bend. Secure the nozzle to the straw with tape and seal it tight
so that the balloon can be inflated by blowing through the straw.
3. Tape the straw to the car as shown in the picture.
4. Push one pin into the center of each circle and then into the edge of the rectangle
as shown in the picture. The pins become axles for the wheels. Do not push the pins in
snugly because the wheels have to rotate freely. It is okay if the wheels wobble.
5. Inflate the balloon and pinch the straw to hold in the air. Set the car on a smooth
surface and release the straw.